This week we’ve made a number of smaller changes to My Music Staff while we work on some bigger things behind the scenes.
Here’s what new this week:
- We’ve added a brand-new calendar report on the Calendar page (use the black “Print” button to access it). You’ll get a printable version of whatever month is currently visible in My Music Staff in the typically calendar “grid” format. You can change what’s included in the printed calendar by changing the visible month, and/or filtering by student, event type and/or teacher.
- We’ve added a new Birthday email reminders feature and email template. You can enable this feature in your account from the “Studio Settings > Email” tab and My Music Staff will automatically email a message to your students on their birthdays.
- The Event Reminder email template now has two new placeholders that can be used to customize the email message (%StudentFirstName% and %StudentLastName%).
- We’ve changed the “Download” button to say “Print” on the calendar page to better reflect it’s purpose.
- Payments can now be edited directly from the “Recent Payments” tab on the Families & Accounts page (this makes it easier to find and fix data entry errors).
- You can now select all “Waiting” parents from the Email page (i.e. any parent whose children are all set to “Waiting” status).
- An email notification is now sent to teachers when a parent/student unsubscribes from email reminders.
- For multi-teacher studios: Non-admin teachers can no longer add/import students (or change the teacher assignments of a student).
- Last but not least, we’ve improved the student import feature and made a number of smaller internal changes to My Music Staff.
In addition to the software updates listed above, we’ve also made some behind-the-scenes changes to make My Music Staff work better if you’re on a mobile device and switch from WiFi to 3G (or vice-versa) while using the site.