Over the last two weeks we’ve made a number of changes to the site. This week we’ve added a new “Sign-Up” page type to My Music Staff studio sites. That means you can now create a sign-up page that allows students to enter their information, which automatically creates student/family entries inside your My Music Staff account.
When you add a sign-up page to your site, there are a couple of different options you can configure:
- Auto-Active – By default students who sign-up through your website are set to “Waiting” status. Waiting student’s can’t login to your site, but you’ve got their information in your account. If you use the “Auto-Active” option, students who signup through your site are automatically set to active and provided a login password.
- Registration Fee – This field is optional, and is only used if you want to automatically create a sign-up fee on the student’s account when they signup. You’d use this feature if you charge your students, say a $25 administrative fee when they join your studio.
- Fee Description – This is the description that will appear beside the Registration Fee on their first invoice. You might use something like “Registration Fee”, “Sign-Up Fee”, “Admin Fee”, etc.
- Text Above Form – This is the information that will appear at the top of the page, above the sign-up form fields.
- Thank You Message – This is what’s displayed after the sign-up form is submitted. Remember to keep your message informative. Set their expectations by letting the student know when they can expect to hear back from you (i.e. one day, two days, 10 days).
We’ve also made a number of smaller changes to the site. These improvements include:
- In addition to “Inactive” students can now be set to “Waiting”. Waiting students (if you have any) are displayed below the list of active students. This is a great way to keep a waiting list of students for your studio.
- If you charge a flat monthly rate to your students, you can now set this as the default in your teacher profile page.
- We’ve added a new “Texting Allowed” property beside student and parent mobile numbers. This is a convenient way to remember if a parent/student accepts text messages. If you set this option, a little green “text” icon will appear beside those phone numbers in the student/family lists.
- There is a new “Recent Payments” tab available on the “Families & Accounts” page. This tab displays a list of all recent payments across all families. This information is useful if you’re trying to reconcile a bank statement or your PayPal account.
- Missed attendance can now be set in bulk from the home page. This is a real time saver if you fall behind on attendance.