January 25, 2014
Accepting payments through your PayPal account is easy.
Here’s how to do it:
- Log in to your My Music Staff account.
- Open your “Studio Settings” page by clicking your name in the top right hand corner of the screen.
- Select the “Online Payments” tab.
- Check to enable “PayPal Standard” and enter your email address (you can additionally choose to enable PayPal Pro).
- Choose the currency you wish to accept payments in.
- Choose an “Expense Category” for the PayPal fees (this is the fee that PayPal charges per transaction). If you want to create a new category, add it from the “Expenses & Other Income” page.
- Click “Save” to save these changes.
Once that’s completed My Music Staff will automatically:
- Add a “Make Payment” button on the “Account & Invoices” tab in the student portal (this is only visible to adult students and parents).
- Add a “Click here to pay this invoice online.” link to the footer of your invoices.
Payments made through either link will automatically be tracked and assigned to the correct family in My Music Staff.