My Music Staff features a variety of different attendance options to cover all possible situations. To make it easier to remember, we added “($)” to any attendance options that will charge the student. If you choose an option that doesn’t have “($)”, the event isn’t considered billable. (If you have students who pay the same amount each month, one billable event will trigger their monthly charge.)
- Unrecorded – This is the default attendance setting, and it means that My Music Staff doesn’t know if this student showed up or not. 99% of the time you’ll be changing the attendance status from Unrecorded to something else.
- Present ($) – Choose this option if the student was present for their lesson. The ($) indicates that the student will be billed for this lesson. (If you charge a flat monthly rate, your student won’t be billed extra.)
- Present, Late ($) – This option is identical to “Present ($)”, but can be used to keep track of late/tardy student arrivals.
- Present, Use Make-Up Credit – Choose this option if the student was present and you want to use a make-up credit (rather than bill the student). This option will NOT be shown if the student doesn’t have any make-up credits.
- Absent, Give Make-Up Credit ($) – Choose this option if the student did not attend the lesson, but you’d like to issue a make-up credit. Just like with “Present ($)”, the “($)” means that the student will be billed for this lesson.
- Absent, Use Make-Up Credit – Choose this option if the student was scheduled for a make-up lesson but was absent. This option will deduct a make-up credit because the student was a “no-show”.
- Absent, No Make-Up ($) – Choose this option if the student did not attend and you won’t be making up the lesson. The student will be billed for this missed lesson. Most teachers use this option if the student was a no-show.
- Absent, Notice Given – Choose this option if the student was not present but gave you advance notice. For example, if the student let you know a few days before the lesson you would use this option. No billing charge is assigned to the student (and no make-up credit is issued).
- Teacher Absent, Make-Up ($) – Choose this option if you were absent and wish to make-up the lesson. The student will be billed, and a make-up credit will be issued.
- Teacher Absent, No Make-Up – Choose this option if you were absent and do not wish to make up the lesson. The student will not be billed.
Tip: If you see a ($) beside the attendance option, that means the family is paying for that lesson. (If you’re using fixed monthly billing it means this lesson will trigger the monthly charge if applicable.)